Become a Unleash Vegas VIP for Free
We all know Vegas is the gambling capital of the world. But are you taking full advantage of the games or are you stuck playing slots or watching all the fun?
Our Casino Games Series will take a look into some of the games you’ll find around the casino floor. We will offer intro, beginner, intermediate, & advanced strategies for some of our favorite games.
Let’s start with Craps! This is one of the most interesting games in any casino. On the whole, craps is a very simple game that can get very complex with the amount of potential bets. But don’t be intimidated! You can quickly understand the basics & start playing on your next trip!
Today, we’re going to start with the intro to craps. Be sure to check out our more advanced strategies in the upcoming series.
- Place your bet: Before the first roll of the dice, you need to place a bet on the Pass Line or the Don’t Pass Line. The Pass Line bet wins if the shooter rolls a 7 or 11, and loses if the shooter rolls a 2, 3, or 12. The Don’t Pass Line bet wins if the shooter rolls a 2 or 3, and loses if the shooter rolls a 7 or 11. If the shooter rolls a 12, the bet is a tie (also known as a “push”).
- Roll the dice: The shooter (the person rolling the dice) must make a “come-out roll” by throwing both dice across the table. If the total of the dice is 7 or 11, the Pass Line bet wins, and the Don’t Pass Line bet loses. If the total is 2, 3, or 12, the Pass Line bet loses, and the Don’t Pass Line bet wins. If the total is any other number (4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10), that number becomes the “point.”
- Establish the point: Once a point is established, the shooter continues to roll the dice until they either roll the point number again (which is a win for the Pass Line bet and a loss for the Don’t Pass Line bet), or they roll a 7 (which is a loss for the Pass Line bet and a win for the Don’t Pass Line bet).
- Place additional bets: You can place additional bets during the game, such as the Come bet (which is like the Pass Line bet but is made after the point is established) and the Don’t Come bet (which is like the Don’t Pass Line bet but is made after the point is established).
- Win or lose: The game continues until the shooter rolls a 7 or the point number, at which point the game ends, and the bets are paid out or collected.
Craps can be an exciting and fast-paced game, so it’s essential to understand the rules and betting options before you play. It’s recommended that beginners start with simple bets like the Pass Line or Don’t Pass Line bets and then gradually move on to more complex bets as they become more familiar with the game.